- What are the credentials of the school instructors?
- Do you teach students of any playing level?
- What are your hourly rates?
- Can I design my own golf instruction program?
- Do the instructors go out on the course with the students?
- Do you have to stay in the hotel to take lessons?
- Can more than one person share the lesson?
- Where is the Sea Island Golf Performance Center and how do we get there?
- What technological teaching aids are available?
- Are hotel accommodations included in the price?
- Are there any age restrictions?
- Do you provide any follow-up after instruction has been completed?
- Can others come and stay with me while I participate at the Golf Performance Center?
- Should we book our dining reservations prior to arrival?
We are the only facility in the U.S. to employ four of Golf Digest’s top 100 golf instructors as well as our own golf fitness expert and sports psychologist. All 10 of our instructors have received national recognition as leaders in the field. View the individual instructors’ bios for details.
Yes, we work with students from beginners through PGA TOUR professionals. Our instruction is unique and individualized, based on the needs of the student.
Hourly rates vary by instructor. Refer to the instructors' bios for rates.
Yes, we specialize in offering multi-dimensional individual programs.
We do offer playing lessons upon request and course availability.
No, it is not required, but we do offer world renowned accommodations on site, and stay and play packages are available.
Yes, our instructors can work with up to four students at a time.
The Golf Performance Center is in St. Simons Island, Georgia, conveniently located midway between Jacksonville, Florida and Savannah, Georgia.
All of our instructors use the V1 software with high speed slow motion cameras. Trackman Launch Monitors are used to allow the golfer to test the latest equipment from all major manufacturers in live conditions and to quantify their results.
No, but stay and play packages are available.
All ages are welcome to participate. While we welcome junior golfers, we would ask that they be monitored after class by parents or have adult supervision. The youngest we suggest for focused instruction would be eight years old.
Yes we do. We care about your progress and future experience in golf. You are free to contact us at any time between your regularly scheduled lessons or sessions. You may also keep in touch by signing up for our email updates, reading our blog, or following us on Twitter.
Others may come with you if you are staying in the resort. They are encouraged to enjoy golf or the other many activities of The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club or The Cloister. We offer a variety of golf packages and non-golfing packages.
It would be a good idea to make your dining reservations ahead of time. If you are staying at the resort you may call dining reservations at 1-800-732-4752.
Sea Island Golf Performance Center is the only golf facility in the U.S. to employ four of the top 50 golf instructors.
America's 50 Greatest Teachers, Sea Island Golf Club instructors Jack Lumpkin, Gale Peterson and Mike Shannon, Golf Digest, 2009 Top 20 Instructors Under 40, Sea Island Golf Club instructor Jared Zak, Golf Digest, 2009 Top 50 Teachers, Sea Island Golf Club instructor Gale Peterson, Golf For Women, March 2007.